Redondo Beach attorney Tom Moroney has extensive experience in helping individual and businesses with the variety of civil litigation matters they face. Litigation can be simple (someone owes you money on a promissory note) or very complex with many parties and issues. For any matter that involves litigation by or against you or your company it is vital to have a lawyer with the experience and knowledge to handle your needs effectively.
Examples of Business Litigation
The following types of actions are typical of business litigation cases:
- Breach of Contract â€“ Cases where one party seeks interpretation or enforcement of a contract, or claims that the other party has failed to perform its obligations under a contract.
- Real Estate â€“ Cases involving non-residential real estate, such as disputes between landlords and tenant of office buildings or retail centers, construction claims, and disputes between real estate developers.
- Business Fraud â€“ Claims involving a breach of fiduciary duties, fraud, misrepresentation, business torts (such as intentional interference with a contractual relationship), or other claims involving business relationships.
- Business Conduct â€“ Cases where one party claims the other has violated consumer or trade regulations, or engaged in unfair business practices.
- Malpractice â€“ Malpractice claims against professionals such as accountants, lawyers, appraisers, brokers, and information technology consultants.
- Corporate Governance â€“ Claims relating to the management and governance of corporations and partnerships, such as interpretation and enforcement of employment agreements and actions to determine the liability of shareholders, directors, officers, and partners.
- ADA Claims -Â Claim that business is not complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act and related California statutes.
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes –Â Tenant fails to pay rent or otherwise fails to abide by the lease.Â
Examples of Other Litigation
- Personal InjuryÂ – Claims for injury to one’s person arising from someone’s negligent or intentional conduct.
- Real Estate – Claims by or against seller, purchaser, realtor or broker arsing from residential real estate transaction.
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes – Landlord fails to honor lease or return deposit.
- California Consumer Legal Remedies Act – Very broad law covering unfair or deceptive acts in consumer transactions.
A Redondo Beach civil litigation attorney with experience you can count on
If you own a business and are facing a civil litigation matter, Tom Moroney has the breadth of legal knowledge and experience to help. Call today to arrange a consultation.
E. Thomas Moroney, Attorney
811 N. Catalina Ave., Ste. 2206
Redondo Beach, California 90277